Australia pisen pty ltd recognise that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure. Australia pisen, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities.
This policy contains further information which Australia pisen is required to disclose under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to individuals who apply in-store for credit from a third party credit provider (such as HSBC or Telstra).
Why does Australia pisen collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Australia pisen collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services you have ordered/purchased;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- making recommendations or suggestions to you in relation to our products and services;
- developing and improving our products and services (for example, through customer reviews and surveys);
- in connection with our loyalty or reward programmes and competitions;
- the operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have with us;
- payment processing;
- processing a refund or exchange of a product;
- carrying out certain checks (for example, for our fraud or theft prevention processes, if you wish to open an account with us, obtain credit from us, collect goods from a Australia pisenwarehouse or storeroom, or pick-up goods in-store that have been ordered online);
- interacting with companies or organisations with whom Australia pisenhas a business relationship (where you work for, or otherwise represent, such an organisation);
- reconciling payments due to Australia pisenfrom suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers;
- purposes relating to any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Australia pisenor its assets;
- complying with our obligations under agreements with third parties (for example, under our authorised dealer arrangements with Telstra and our arrangements with consumer finance providers); and
- carrying out day to day surveillance of our stores for operational, security and customer experience purposes. Our cameras use facial recognition technology to capture an image of an individual’s face and which may track an individual’s face through the store. Such images may be retained and used by us to identify an individual on future visits to our stores. Such surveillance is strictly for the purposes of security and theft prevention and managing/improving customer experience at our stores; and
carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution. In particular, Australia pisenis required by law to collect personal information in certain circumstances, including:
- if you trade-in goods (under, depending on the State or Territory in which you are located, the Second-hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 2003 (Qld), the Second-hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 1996 (SA), the Second-hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 1994 (Tas), the Second-Hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 1989 (Vic), the Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading Act 1990 (NT) and related regulations); and
- if you activate pre-paid mobile telecommunications services in a Australia pisenstore (in accordance with the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and the Telecommunications (Service Provider – Identity Checks for Pre-paid Public Mobile Telecommunications Services) Determination 2013).
We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Documents (including hard copy documents and electronic documents such as emails) which coincidentally contain personal information will also be retained in accordance with Australia pisen’s normal document retention practices for accounting, legal and business purposes.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want or deal with a request, enquiry or complaint that you have.
What personal information does Australia pisen collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your date of birth;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- financial information such as your bank account details;
- transaction information;
- your user name and password;
- details about your earnings (if you are buying products using a finance plan);
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services and personal preferences regarding products and services; and CCTV images of you whilst you are in one of our stores.
How does Australia pisen collect and hold your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- when you order goods or services from us (either online, in-store or over the telephone);
- when you collect goods that you have ordered from us, including from a Australia pisenwarehouse or storeroom;
- when you set up an account with us;
- when you purchase certain products or extended warranties from us;
- when you buy goods on lay-by or “duty-free” goods;
- when you pay for goods by cheque;
- when you request for a refund or exchange of a product;
- when you subscribe to our catalogues or mailing lists or those of certain partners of ours such as Stack magazine;
- when you subscribe to Australia pisensubscription service;
- when you sell second-hand goods to us or buy second-hand goods from us;
- when you enter competitions or promotions that we run;
- when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- when you submit an enquiry using one of our websites;
- when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews; and
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products); and through the closed circuit video cameras located in our stores, when you visit one of our stores.
Generally, Australia pisen will collect your personal information directly from you. However, Australia pisen also holds information, collected incidentally, concerning individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with Australia pisen. Additionally, if you apply for a job with Australia pisen, we may collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
Australia pisen holds personal information in a number of ways, including:
- as part of customer records and other electronic documents on which personal information is contained which are stored on our information technology systems and servers operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business; and
- by securely storing hard copy documents on which personal information is contained, at our various premises and using third party document management and archiving services.